A guide to group holidays
How to collect for group holidays
A group holiday, whether with friends or family, is always a fantastic idea; what better way to enjoy other cultures, scenery, cuisine and mopeds than with your nearest and dearest? It's so important to spend quality time with those closest to you, but arranging group holidays can be such a headache, especially when you're attempting to organise for 10 or more people all on your own!
Depending on your personality, the phrase might either frighten or inspire you to plan. In any case, most of us will attend group holidays at some time in our lives, and as we recover from the pandemic, these types of group holidays are growing increasingly popular now that we can spend some time together at last! Proof if any were needed that you don't really realise what you’ve got until it’s gone.
Some group holidays are simple to choose, such as group ski holidays or golf getaways, but when there isn't a certain theme or activity, it might be difficult to determine where to travel, what to do, and in all of these scenarios the need to collect and manage everyones money properly, in a stress free way, is possibly the most daunting aspect of all.
If you're thinking of organising a group holiday, you've come to the perfect place!
Things to consider when planning group holidays
There are numerous areas that need sorting when organising group holidays such as location, pricing, activities and hotels. Here are some top tips to help you plan:
- Pick an organiser - Make sure at least one person is in control of the booking; they can be the main point of contact, in charge of alerting the group and organising payments that need to be made. If you are reading this, I am guessing this is probably you. Well at last, you can sit back and relax as Collctiv will take your group holiday fears away! Download Collctiv today.
- Work out how you are going to collect the funds - Having many different people depositing many different sums into your bank at various times is the biggest hindrance to bank transfers. Thus, you essentially wind up managing your bank account full-time, keeping track of who paid for what and when amidst bills, late-night McDonald’s and Starbucks indulgences. This is where Collctiv comes in, download Collctiv for free here to collect and manage group holiday funds easily!
- Book ahead - The earlier you book, the easier it is. You will also likely benefit from lower prices and lower deposits by doing so. However, in most cases you will need a deposit and if you have not already collected one at the time of booking, you’ll end up having to pay it yourself and then chase endlessly to get it back. Inevitably, you’ll end up significantly out of pocket. Avoid this with Collctiv, simply download the app and start collecting deposits today!
- Pick a location - You will need to pick a location that suits everyone in your group. Does the group want to laze about and drink cocktails all day, or do they just want somewhere they can all be together? Maybe the group would fancy somewhere rich in history or somewhere with a lively nightlife?
- Pick your accommodation - with your location decided, you can then find a place to stay. This might be a hotel, a city apartment, a quaint country cottage, a glam pod, a static caravan or even a big safari tent. You'll usually have to pay at least a deposit, if not the full balance, so make sure you have the funds collected in advance - use the Collctiv app and make sure you are never out of pocket!
- Plan activities - Wherever you go there will always be a range of activities to choose from, it is wise to book these events ahead of time to make sure they are available! Book events before you arrive to avoid disappointment. The large majority will want payment of the entire balance or a deposit. Take the pain of this away by downloading the Collctiv app and you can quickly and simply collect the money.
Group holidays in the UK
Covid-19 has made it hard and very complicated for all of us to travel abroad, so why not visit one of the amazing destinations that the UK has to offer without all the complexities of travelling abroad?
Treat yourself to a seaside getaway where you can sit back and relax on the beach, feel the sand between your toes before dipping them in the ocean - or go on a countryside adventure where you can discover the cosy cottages and grand halls?
Here are the top 3 places to stay in the UK:
- Cotswolds- The Cotswolds is a perfect area in England to explore! Imagine, gorgeous green hills, quiet little villages and a huge amount of history. There are so many places in the Cotswolds that you’ll be spoilt for choice.
- Devon- Devon is enriched with lots of different things to do and beautiful places to visit. Often overlooked for its neighbour Cornwall, Devon is home to mesmerising coastlines and lots of adventure.
- Yorkshire- Northern England's Yorkshire county has a rich history. Along with its Norman castles, mediaeval abbeys, industrial revolution-era cities, and two national parks, it is well known for its Roman and Viking heritage.
How Collctiv can make planning group holidays so much easier
So, if you've decided on, or are in the process of, planning your getaway the most crucial consideration is the money and how you can pay for your accommodation, activities, meals and even travel without your credit card taking a beating or your bank account being drained. The question of "how much will this cost me and how am I going to get other people to pitch in?" is one many people ask, or worse still they stump up the money and then spend all of their free time chasing all of their debtors who still haven’t paid what they owe. The costs can sometimes be too much for one person to bear, whether it be paying for everyone's transportation, buying entertainment for the kids (and adults!) or, most frequently, paying for a large group's meals. “I’ll get you some cocktails tomorrow’ or ‘I’ll pay for the next meal’ simply won’t do….you’d like the money please!
With Collctiv, you have the power to keep the funds raised separate from your personal accounts and transactions. Nobody needs to look through months' worth of bank transactions to verify that you received payment from everyone who promised to do so. By using Collctiv, you can instantly see this information in your particular pool.
Would you believe me if I told you that you could start collections for each of these components of your holiday and that all your loved ones would need to do to contribute is click a link or scan a QR code? There are no bank transfers, no cash chases, no need for them to download an app and no requirements to create an account. Your problems will be gone with just a few taps as the money you’re owed comes rolling in!
Now all you have to worry about is Morgan who hasn’t contributed any ideas, taken responsibility for anything or even bothered to reply to any Whatsapp messages asking for input, yet insists on complaining about everything that you’ve arranged, meals you’ve planned and accommodation you’ve sourced and sorted. Tell you what Morgan, next time, do it yourself or don’t come away OK?!