Collctiv is building the future of social payments. We’re here for busy social people who don't want the hassle of organising a group gift or event and having to handle cash. Our aim is to be the first choice for groups to collect and spend money..
Since launching in the UK in 2019, we have processed over £7million in group payments, in 42 currencies across 55 different countries. Over 200,000 users have discovered the simplicity of using our app to make plans, collect money and make purchases/bookings in over 1,100 cities around the world. As of February 2022, Collctiv is being used in 9,500 companies, 58 UK government agencies, 136 UK councils, 62 NHS trusts, 118 schools and 156 universities.
We are in the scaleup phase of our growth, and are looking to add talented people to our team who want to be part of the future of financial services by joining an innovative, award-winning FinTech company.
The Marketing Manager role is a key leadership position in our growing marketing team. With over 200,000 users - and with a healthy marketing budget in place - we’re looking to skyrocket our customer acquisition through marketing and to make Collctiv a leading global brand in the Financial Services space.
This is a hands-on marketing role, managing and growing our marketing team and developing campaigns and customer acquisition strategies that build a real buzz around the Collctiv brand and ensure we meet our ambitious customer growth targets.
We’re looking for an experienced marketing “all-rounder”, with proven experience of digital marketing strategies and techniques; team leadership and coaching of marketing executives; and of taking a brand to the next level. We’re at that exciting stage where we have proven there is an engaged market of users for our service and this is a great opportunity to get stuck in and to shape and build an exciting new brand in the payments space.
Type of Person
- Experience in a growth-focused marketing role, where you’ve worn many different hats. We’re open to different backgrounds.
- Confident using data to drive key marketing decisions, whether it's to understand users and identify opportunities or to explore whether your efforts are delivering value
- Understanding of prototyping, A/B testing and growth experimentation frameworks that you can apply across multiple channels
- Naturally curious and a smart-thinker who wants to really understand a product and customers, rather than wanting to simply execute a playbook
- You don’t need to have experience in the world of Fintech, although you do need to understand - and be excited by - the opportunity to disrupt the Group Payments space and make a meaningful difference to the way that groups collect and spend money.
- There are Bonus Points for being an ‘organiser’ personality type (like our customers!)
- Must be happy working in a start-up environment with an ‘all hands on deck’ approach - able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Collaborative, coaching working style - you’ll be leading and growing the marketing team as well as making an active contribution to the wider Collctiv team;
- Open and honest communication skills.
- Commitment to simplicity in design, work, and relationships;
- Understanding the importance of putting our customers at the centre of everything we do and build.
- Experimental and innovative mindset - comfortable with change and happy to challenge the status quo.
- Leading the creation and implementation of agreed marketing strategies to deliver customer growth targets
- Managing the marketing team to create appropriate content across a variety of channels
- Further developing the Collctiv brand and ensuring consistent brand usage and tone of voice applies across all media
- Utilising a clear process of growth experimentation to supplement core actions
- Communicating with senior management about existing and new marketing activities
- Creating, evaluating and adjusting marketing campaigns
- Measuring outcomes to increase the efficiency of marketing activities
- Attracting, engaging and training a team of marketing professionals
- Leading the team to ensure each member is able to be the best version of themselves
- Increasing traffic to the company website through a variety of marketing campaigns
- Running email campaigns
- Maintaining content on the website
- Writing and adding new content pages and producing insightful, relevant blogs to maintain SEO
- Reporting on marketing activity and deliverables making recommendations
- Liaising with stakeholders across all functions of the business to ensure a coordinated approach that delivers Collctiv’s aims for customer acquisition
Skills - Essential
You will notice this section is deliberately blank. We want awesome people. Full Stop. So have a browse through the desirable skills and if you are anywhere reasonably close to these requirements, apply! There’s nothing worse than a missed opportunity for you and for us, so let’s have the discussion :-)
Skills - Desirable
- Experience working in an online service or software environment, preferably in a fast-growing data-driven start-up environment;
- Demonstrable ability to understand and communicate the needs of customers;
- Project management experience driving outputs end-to-end. Ability to effectively manage time, prioritise tasks and work within deadlines with little supervision;
- Ability to work independently and collaborate cross-functionally;
- Experience of thriving in a result-driven environment, with an ability to get behind the data and make informed marketing decisions;
- Experience in growing teams and successfully coaching team members
- Passion for digital media and storytelling across different marketing channels
- Optimising content for search engines using keywords
- Writing and sending mass emails and communications
- Creating and editing spreadsheets and digital schedules
- Evaluating and editing websites and social media profiles
- Social Media Marketing and Paid Social Media Advertising
- CRO and A/B Testing
- Email Marketing and Automation
- Funnel Management
- CRM experience
- CMS Tools
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or equivalent experience
For the foreseeable future Collctiv will be implementing a mixed work from home / office approach. This role is predominantly based at home, with some time spent in the office in Manchester (if this is applicable). Home working is nothing new to us and Collctiv was created with flexible working in mind. We will provide you with any equipment you may need to do your job. We also have an unlimited holiday policy, so you can take the time you need to do your thing outside of work.
Ah, the age old question of salary. Look, we are parents, carers, home owners, car owners, loan owners.....we know there's a number that you have to achieve. But we are also super passionate about our culture and our values and know that these only come to life through the people that live them.
So what we would hate is to put a number on here that stops you from applying. That you perceive to be too high or too low. So you don't apply and we don't speak. You might miss an opportunity that changes your life and we might miss the person that changes our business. So get in touch and let's have a chat!! There's flexibility and common sense to be found we promise!
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter / email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to learning more about you!